02-Aug
Day 1 at work today. Reached office at 8.45pm, gave HR a call and start my orientation at 9.15am. By the time I went back to my office it was already 9.40am. Mgr-S showed me my desk, it was kinda of dusty and the cables were very messy... OMG. I don't even dare to put my bag into the drawers without first cleaning. Luckily, I bought along some wet tissues else I really can cry. The desk was really really very dirty and dusty. Wondered if the previous staff have left for a long time or she couldn't be bother to even do some cleaning.
Colleague-D then start to brief me some of the Helpdesk procedures and at 10.30am Mgr-S start to brief me further on my job-scope and what is expected of me. By the time our session ends, it is already 12.15pm. That's how I ended my half day in office (:
It have been 4 months since I meet up with Mdm Lee! Meet up with J-san and gang for lunch at Taiwanese Porridge. It is really nice to meet up with the gang even if its just for a short 40 mins of lunch. We have had lots of jokes and laughter over the lunch. Went back to office at 1.20pm, noticed that my colleagues never seems to go for lunch or they had extremely short lunch? Colleague-D said they usually go off at 6pm and I wonder if it is alright... Maybe some of the day I will try to go to office earlier and I will leave at 6pm latest.
Hopefully, I can get hands on fast enough and catch up with my work. Hope that I can pick up fast and be well on my own before end of probation period.
One thing that I can't tolerate is the temperature in the office! It is unbearably HOT!!!! I really cannot stand it and I am going to bring my own fan to office tomorrow. Was thinking of getting a new one but on second thoughts I had better save where I can. Thus, I decided to bring the one I had at home to office instead. I need to save for raining days and money is not fallen from the sky, they are all my hard earn money... This is what I have "learnt" from the painful lesson.
Had wanted to buy Sis a slice of cake to celebrate my Day 1 at work but she is very nice to offer to buy me the whole cake instead. Blood is thicker then water and I am really touch by her gesture... I really Thank God for sending her to our family and be my sister.
No comments:
Post a Comment