03-Aug
Today is my official Day 2 in the new company. Well, it is Day 2 and I am counting on... Starting from today I start to take over the Helpdesk. There are still a lot for me to pick up and learn from but one thing I certainly love is to be able to troubleshoot via remote desktop connection. Only when the problem can't be fix remotely then I need to go user's place. Hopefully, I can pick up fast and meet the expectation of my boss.
Sat in my first dept meeting this afternoon, it was 2 hours long but I believe it will be longer next time. There were only 6 of us this afternoon, next time there will be 8 of us in all! *faint* No meeting minutes required... hooray!
Met up my old lunch khakis for lunch today! We have yummy fish&chip for lunch. Jokes as usual and a bit of grumbling from work. Overall, it is still an enjoyable one. Tomorrow they had suggested to go Amoy but I am having second thoughts because Amoy is really far from my work place. To and fro will take me at least 20 minutes. I must really eat very fast or risk coming back to office late. Shall see how it goes tomorrow.
Boss had wanted me to take 3 days of Helpdesk duty, from tomorrow on wards I will reach office at 8.30am and going off at 5.30pm. Will speak to YYD and arrange the rooster with him. I am planning to cover Wednesday to Friday.
On the train this evening, I sent out quite a few sms to my ex colleagues - V, LL, I & P. Let them know that I have changed job and that my new office is near by. Will meet them up for lunch after I have settle down. And my settle down refers to after I am being confirm.
No comments:
Post a Comment